DUE BY JUNE 1, 2017
All judges who held a rating before August 2, 1026 must turn in an "Annual Continuing Education Record" or
CPE by June 1, 2017 to the CPE Coordinator, Hilary Carlson.
- Click here for the CPE Reminder
- Click here for the CPE
ILLINOIS STATE CONGRESS
JULY 7, 2017-JULY 9, 2017
2701 BLACK ROAD
- Friday, July 7th will be coaching/techniqque sessions.
- Saturday, July 8th will be Nancy Gibson, Regional Xcel Chair and National Judge for Xcel judging lectures.
- For more information on Illinois State Congress visit the IL USA Gymnastics website or click here.
- Cost of Congress is $25.00 for individual and $100 for club. To register click here.
- Judging Exam will also be given. To register go the the USA Gymanstics website to register or click here.
STATE GOVERNING BOARD ELECTIONS
State Governing Board elections will take place in July
Applications are due by June 15, 2017 to the RGD Donnalyn
Board positions begin August 1, 2017
- Click here
for a list of Illinois NAWGJ members who are eligible to run for the State Governing Board
- Click here for a description of the State Governing Board positions
- Click here for a description of the
duties the State Governing Board
- Click here for the
Letter of Eligibility/Application Form. This form is due by June 15, 2017
ALL CANDIDATES MUST DECLARE THE POSITION THEY ARE RUNNING FOR ON THE STATE GOVERNING BOARD CANDIDATE APPLICATION
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A POSITION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ILLINOIS NAWGJ 2017 END OF SEASON NEWSLETTER
- 2018 Optional Recertification - all optional ratings expire December 31, 2018
- National and Brevet Courses 2018 information
- 2018 Educational Fund information
- 2017 IL NAWGJ Board Elections - June 1st letters of eligibility and Application will be sent to eligible members
- Assigning - Changes to the Assigners
- Clinic with Cookie Batsche scheduled for September 30-October 1, 2017
- Congratulations to Kathy Krebs on being elected to serve on the USA Gymnastics Board of Directors!!!!
- Click here for newsletter or go to Meeting Minutes & Newsletter page
IL NAWGJ BOARD MEETING MINUTES MARCH 14, 2017
Check out the Meeting Minutes from the Board Meeting
- Financial Report
- New Business
- Board Member Reports
- 2017 Board Elections
- June 1, 2017 is the due date for eligibility letters.
- Exact voting dates will be announced
- New Board will be seated on August 1st
- Elimination of the titles of "North" and "South" assigner. Assigners will assign by committe with the SJD. Assigners will
be responsible for AAU. Winners of the election for the assigning offices will be determined by the top two candidates with the most votes.
- Click here to read the newsletter or go to the Meeting Minutes & Newsletters page.
VENDOR BIDS FOR ILLINOIS NAWGJ JUDGES CUP
IL NAWGJ would like to invite vendors to take part in the upcoming IL NAWGJ
For information contact Brook Bennett, Judges Cup Chair at
JUDGES ASSIGNING SYSTEM
All Judges please update availability on GymJas
Note: When creating contract please create separate contracts for each meet assigned
Please read the letter below referring to springboard configuration. The below email does not state that you can only use 3 or 4
springs. This refers to USA Gymnastics allowing a 3 or 4 spring configuration. Click here
for the Xcel Rules and Policies and click here for the JO Rules and
Dear USA Gymnastics Leaders,
It was brought to my attention that there has been a misinterpretation of the rule regarding the number of springs allowed/required in the spring board. I have discussed this issue with the
National Technical Chair as well as the National Xcel Chair and we all agree with the explanation below:
The statement listed in the Rules and Polices (below) is quite accurate; however, there have been others who have not interpreted it in the way it was written.
- P. 55 (Xcel chapter) and P. 91 (JO chapter)
“All Meet Directors must arrange to have boards that accommodate gymnasts of varying weight. Any boards brought in to a competition must be assigned to an event and must be available to all
gymnasts in that session for warm-up and competition. The following 3-4 spring configurations for the springboard have been approved and may be utilized in USA Gymnastics sanctioned
Here are the two issues which have arisen:
- Interpretation that the board must ONLY be used with 3 or 4 springs and some judges have informed the coaches they must take out additional springs to ONLY have 3 or 4 springs and that using more
than 3 or 4 springs is a deduction. Please refer people to the following sentence: ”…springboard have been approved and may be utilized in USA Gymnastics sanctioned competitions.”
It does not say MUST be utilized in that manner.
- Coaches do not want to take the back springs out of the board to accommodate the illustrations in the Rules and Policies. Only the 3 illustrations for a 3-4 spring board are allowed for the
use of 3 or 4 springs in a springboard. The coach is not allowed to come up with a different configuration that suits his/her needs. This would result in a deduction of 0.30 that
will be taken for using incorrect apparatus specifications. (P. 7 of the Code of Points)
Thank you in advance for assisting in passing along the correct interpretation of this rule.
Tom Koll, NJOCC, Cheryl Hamilton, NTCC, Claudia Kretschmer, NXCC
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FOR REGION 4 AND 5 CONGRESS
- Region 4 Congress is June 16-18
- Region 5 Congress is September 15-17
- Please include:
- Date of Birth
- USA Gymnastics Pro Number
- Address (include street, city, state and zip code)
- Email Address
- Phone Number