STATE AND REGIONAL GREEN FLAG RECIPIENTS
- Region 5 state winners
- Illinois - Kathy Krebs
- Indiana - Mary Roth
- Kentucky - Michael Crowe
- Michigan - Keri Monstrola
- Ohio - Char Christensen
- REGIONAL GREEN FLAG AWARD WINNER
- Illinois - Kathy Krebs
- Congratulations Kathy and thank you for all you do for Illinois NAWGJ!
VIRTUAL SANCTION/MEET INFORMATION
According to USA Gymnastics both live and virtual sanctioned meets are governed by USA Gymnastics Women's Program Rules and Policies (R&P), USA Gymnastics safety guidelines,
Safe Sport Policy, and judging criteria.
USA Gymnastics has a page
with information on virtual meets including Virtual Sanction Playbooks, FAQ, and Virtual Sanction Resources. Click here for the website.
- Virtual Sanction
- There is a link to the playbook for Women's
Artistic Gymnastics listed
- Frequently Asked
- Questions and answers about virtual
- USA Gymnastics Virtual Competition Learning
Series (Coming Soon)
- Virtual Sanction
- Information for different resources on
- Flyp10 Information
- If a meet is using Flyp10 as a video
submission format a judge must create an account with Flyp 10. There are procedures for Account Management - Creating and Updating your Account on Flyp10 on the USA Gymnastics Virtual Sanctions web
page under Virtual Sanction Resources for Flyp10 Information. Click here for the Flyp10
Information web page.
- WAG Region 7 Virtual Sanction Q&A
- PowerPoint presentation with information for
both the meet director and judges on set-up, camera postion, scoring, and what was learned.
- WAG 2020-2021 competition Season - Specific
Judging Criteria Changes/Update
- For both virtual AND in-person events for
2020-2021 the run will not be evaluated.
- Level 1 - ONLY the up to 0.30 Failure to
maintain horizontal speed
- Level 2 and 3 - BOTH up to 0.30 Failure to
maintain horizontal speed AND up to 0.30 Insufficient acceleration during the run
- NAWGJ YouTube Channel
- NAWGJ has with different videos on Virtual
Judging. Click here for the website.
- Virtual Test Event Recap: Pink
- Information on how to set up for a virtual
meet including devices, wi-fi and scoring and suggestions.
JANUARY ILNAWGJ NOTES - "IN"
A MONTHLY PUBLICATION FOR IL NAWGJ MEMBERS
- Bright spots to look forward to in 2021
- Olympic Trials in June
- Expected date of July for the Olympics
- New compulsories taught by Wendy Weiss in the summer
- Testing for compulsories
- State, Regional and National Congresses
- Make a Note of It
- New mileage rate beginning January 1, 2021 is 0.56 per mile
- Noteworthy Notes from SJD
- Mixture of live and virtual meets
- Regional Championships still to be determined
- IL USA Gymnastics Committee will determine State Championships once regional level is determined
- Get the Dust and Rust Out
- Floor Level 9 and 10 bonus
- Click here for a copy of the "IN"
January 2021 edition
Update on IRS Mileage Rate
Effecitve January 1, 2021
the new IRS business standard mileage rate $0.56 per mile.
for the update.
2020-2021 Competition Season – Specific Judging Criteria changes/updates
As of 11/13/2020 for vault Level 1, 2 and 3 deductions for the run will not be
Click here for the update.
NEW LIST OF ITEMS ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT
FROM IL NAWGJ EDUCATION BENEFITS
The list of items eligible for reimbursement has been updated.
Click here for a list of the items.
Requests for reimbursement from EARNED Educational Benefits MUST INCLUDE the Reimbursement FORM
found on IL NAWGJ website
https://www.ilnawgj.com/ and a copy of the actual receipt. (Credit card statements or packing lists are NOT receipts)
Click here for instructions to print receipts from USA Gymnastics
- Congress Registration
- USAG Memberships
- Technical Material (Code of Points)
GYMJAS NEW FUNCTION - ACTIVITY REPORTS
- Gymjas has a new function called Activity Reports which, will cover a judge with insurance.
- This function is for judge related activities such as a critique, clinic, or unsanctioned mock meet. THIS IS NOT FOR CHOREOGRAPHY OR IN GYM COACHING.
- The judge is responsibile for entering the information into Gymjas prior to going the gym. It will be accepted in GymJas up to midnight of the same day.
- Activity Reports is listed under Create A Contract
JUDGES ASSIGNING INFORMATION
WELCOME TO THE 2020-2021 GYMNASTICS SEASON
There are a few changes in the Assigning system from last year.
- Please enter meets in the Gymjas system by September 15, 2020.
- IL NAWGJ has an assigning committee who will be meeting in the fall to assign Judges for the season.
- Only Judge's requests made in Gymjas will be honored. Per the National office of NAWGJ request via e-mail or verbal will not be
- NEW THIS YEAR - MEET QUESTIONNAIRE
- IL NAWGJ is asking all meet directors to complete a questionnaire to provide judges with the environment and what will be provided at
- This questionnaire (10 for 10 Checklist) will be posted on the ilnawgj.com website for the Judges to access
- The questionnaire (10 for 10 checklist) when completed should be sent to Cheryl Schuh at
- Click here for the questionnaire (10 for 10 checklist).PLEASE SEND QUESTIONNAIRE TO CHERYL SCHUH AT
- Click here for the assigning document. Please read the complete document before entering meets into Gymjas.
- Click here for the link to enter a meet in Gymjas.
Please remember to remain current on memberships
- Judges your USA Gymnastics membership expires on July 31st.
- Verify the expiration dates of your Safety Certification, Safe Sport and Background Check.